To participate in a group you must:
- Have completed Level 1 or higher.
- Provide an average of 10 or more hours of sandtray play therapy each month.
- Have a general clinical supervisor if you are working on full licensure.
What you can expect:
- Sandtray-specific consultation.
- An opportunity to present a sandtray session for consultation.
- A place to share questions and ideas with like-minded Body-Brain Sandtray professionals.
Supervision hours earned:
Each time you present a case for consultation, you will be credited with one hour of individual supervision. Your time in group when you are not presenting a case will count as group supervision. These hours are accepted by The Association for Play Therapy toward your RPT/S credential. Hours may also count toward licensure. You are responsible for knowing the requirements and rules applied by your particular state licensing board.
The number of hours earned depends on the number of people in the group. If you miss all or part of a group session, your hours will be adjusted accordingly.
Hours earned over your 6-month commitment (assuming full attendance) are:
- 4 participants – 4 meetings earning 1 individual hour and 5 group hours
- 5 participants – 5 meetings earning 1 individual hour and 6.5 group hours
- 6 participants – 6 meetings earning 1 individual hour and 8 group hours
Days and Times:
Consultation sessions last 90 minutes and are held one Monday and one Thursday each month. Times vary depending on the group, but generally there is at least one morning and one mid-day session available.
See meeting dates for 2020.
Participation in a consultation group costs $240. The number of sessions varies with the number of participants, but the cost remains the same.
A full refund is available up to 30 days before the first meeting. Request for refunds must be sent to Rita in writing (via email). As a participant, you accept that the number of meetings will not be finalized until the cancellation period has ended.
If Rita has to cancel for any reason, the missed session will be made up by adding a session at the end of the 6 months following the published calendar. See Dates.
You will need minimal technical skills and an adequate WiFi connection. For times you will be presenting a case, it is best to do so from a laptop or desktop computer.